Energy saving technology
Did you know that:
- Women contribute 66% of the hours worked in the world, earn about 10% of the worlds income and own just 1% of the worlds property.
- In southern countries, women spend an average of 63 hours per week on unpaid work, compared with 50 hours per week for men.
- Women in rural areas of developing countries spend eight times as much time on household tasks as men.
- On average, women in developing countries spend 6.5 hours per week collecting and carrying water.
- It is much harder for a woman to get a loan to start a small business. Yet 98% of women repay their loans, compared to just 75% of men.
- Cuts in spending in primary education affect girls more than boys, as families prefer to educate sons.
- In rural Kenya, 58% of women work in four or more activities, compared to 13% of men.