Community radio production
Think back through your day. What new information have you learnt? How was it communicated to you? Perhaps you:
- watched TV or listened to the radio
- read something in a book or newspaper
- talked to friends on the phone
- exchanged e-mails
- looked on the internet.
Today there are more ways for us to share information than ever before. So how do we decide which method to use? It all depends on:
- what we want to communicate
- who we want to communicate with
- the communications technology available to us.
One common communications problem - shared by communities worldwide - is how to let people know about local issues and events. Get the communication right, and you go a long way towards creating a happy, close-knit community.
How do you think it would be appropriate to get a message across to the people in your local community? Click on cog 2 to find out about one city's solution.